1. Your obligation
You must use our Service in accordance with this Policy. Your obligation to comply with this Policy includes your obligation to ensure any person who uses oour Service also complies.
You must use our Service in accordance with any capacity limits stated in our Agreement.
2.1 If you are a residential customer our services are for your personal use only.
2.2 If you are a business customer, our services are for your use in the ordinary course of business.
2.3 You may not use the service in a manner which is ‘unreasonable’ or ‘unacceptable’.
3. Unreasonable use
We consider your use of the service unreasonable if you use it in a manner which is other than it was intended for.
Here are some examples of use which we consider ‘unreasonable’. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list:
- if you are a residential customer using the service in a way which could not be reasonably regarded as ordinary personal use (eg a residential product cannot be used for commercial purposes);
- if you are a business customer, using the service in a way which could not be reasonably regarded as ordinary business use;
- using the service for fraudulent purposes;
- abnormal or excessive use of back to base services;
- using the service in connection with a device that switches or re-routes calls to or from our network to another carrier’s network;
- wholesaling any service or using the service in connection with any device that switches or re-routes calls potentially keeping a line open for hours;
- using the service to wholesale supply of any service (including transit, refile or aggregate domestic or international traffic) on our network.
- Calling 13xx or 18xx numbers to make indirect calls through other providers (eg. through a calling card);
- using the service for the purposes of arbitrage;
- using the service as a call monitoring service;
- using the service in connection with a device that automatically dials numbers either from a list or are generated randomly;
- using the service to make or receive calls on our network for the purposes of resale, resupply or commercial exploitation; or
- using the service for continuously call forwarding or multiple simultaneous calling;
- using the service for bulk messaging;
- using the service for anything which isn’t standard person to person communication.
4. Unacceptable use
You may not use our services in any manner which improperly interferes with another person’s use of our services or for illegal or unlawful purposes. You may not use any equipment or devices on our network which have not been approved by us. We consider the use of our services or unauthorised equipment in this way to be unacceptable.
Here are some examples of use which we consider ‘unacceptable’. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list:
- if you provide us with false user information to use the service;
- using any equipment or device on our network which has not been authorised by us;
- using the service to send unsolicited or unwanted commercial electronic messages to individuals or businesses;
- using the service to gain improper access to another person’s private or personal information;
- using the service to distribute or make available indecent, obscene, offensive, pornographic, illegal or confidential material;
- using the service to defame, harass or abuse anyone or violate their privacy;
- contravening any applicable laws when you use the service;
- using the service to communicate with emergency service organisations where an emergency situation does not exist;
- using the service to distribute or make available material that is misleading or deceptive as to your identity;
- infringing any person’s intellectual property rights, including copyright, when you use the service;
- using the service to monitor data or traffic on any network or system if you do not have the authorisation of the owner of the network or system to do so;
- using the service in a way which interferes or disrupts the service, any computer system access through it or any other person’s use of it;
- using the service in a manner designed to compromise the security or interfere with the operation of the service or any other computer, system or network.
5. Excessive Use
You must not use our Unlimited plans in a way that is excessive usage. Unless the Plan Inclusion states otherwise, we consider ‘excessive’ use to be usage of more than:
- 5,000 minutes of landline calls made per month per Channel;
- 4,000 minutes of mobile calls made per month per Channel;
- 1,000 minutes of 13 / 1300 calls made per month per Channel;
6. Use of your Service
You may only use the Service for personal/residential or business purposes You may not use the Service to engage in activities which may cause significant network congestion, such as:
- continuous or extensive call forwarding;
- continuous connectivity;
- fax broadcasting;
- fax blasting;
- telemarketing; or
- any other activity that would be inconsistent with reasonable personal, residential and business use patterns;
unless you first obtain our express written permission for such use.
7. Breach of the Fair Use Policy
If you breach any part of this Fair Use Policy we will, generally speaking, contact you and, if appropriate, ask you to modify your use of the service. If you do not modify your use of the service we may suspend or cancel your service without any notice.
However, in certain circumstances such as illegality, or non-ordinary use, we reserve the right to suspend or cancel your service immediately and without any notice.
Upon cancellation of an account, we are authorised to blacklist so that we do not provide service to you in the future.